In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1corte a navaja masculino
- Why don't you suggest compulsory razor cuts for baldies?
- Today, a mere $5,000 and a razor cut gets you a New Man.
- The latest styling in hair is the razor cut, but all that was in vogue during the Sixties is now coming back.
- Oh, and it was a full wash and razor cut, took over half an hour and still only cost $10!
- On other days you encounter nothing but razor cuts and frosted highlights.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.