In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- John Smyth, a spokesman, says the movement is reactivating its base.
- I think that Alison's portrait reactivates this dormant aspect of Trafalgar Square.
- The stress caused by the collision is thought to have reactivated the cancer cells, causing it to spread to other parts of her body.
- The systems are reactivated when the handset is out of range.
- HIS Royal Highness the Prince of Wales has officially reactivated a steam engine.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.