In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1volver a enterrar
- But its management of burial sites was called into question when 900 animals were buried at the wrong location at Tow Law, Country Durham, and had to be reburied.
- All five relatives are buried under a single gravestone, but it would cost Steve, a retired policeman and army officer, about £3,000 to have them reburied elsewhere.
- The service to rebury the bones was conducted by police chaplain Rev Dr Mike Ward.
- The bones have since been reburied with other bodies from the site.
- The bones will be reburied at the same spot, and the location recorded.
- The fear is that in some cases it's easier to just rebury the find just because it will slow down work.
- If bad doctors bury their mistakes, then good archaeologists should rebury theirs.
- But the coffin was reburied and has not been found despite an archaeological dig in 2000.
- No one has yet requested to have relatives re-interred at Gorton, Manchester General or Phillips Park cemeteries, which means all the others will be reburied at Bury.
- The 1891 capsule may also be reburied, along with a new one put together by children to mark the opening of the new building next year.
- After careful examination the bones will be reburied.
- The possibility of exhuming bodies and reburying them in deeper graves so that coffins can be laid on top was suggested by ministers as part of a wide-ranging review of burial practices in England and Wales.
- Burns admitted some weeks later that he had returned to the area, which he knew well from playing as a child, and after spotting one leg bone had been uncovered by a dog, bought a second spade to rebury it.
- And if you dig them up and then rebury them in various different places, that adds to the flavour.
- ‘There is also the question of how long somebody should have been buried before we can consider removing or reburying their remains in this way,’ he said.
- He added: ‘The council was over the moon with the find and wanted to keep them but I insisted they were returned to be reburied.’
- Jay found the sovereigns, either in the lighthouse or in the garden, and he buried or reburied them in the garden.
- The sanctuary has apparently been reburied since the 1890s.
- Old comrades of the Lincolnshire Regiment had been given a £7,000 Lottery grant to cover the cost of going to Arras on April 9 to rebury the 20 soldiers found in a mass grave in France.
- They also got paid to rebury their relatives in Kirkuk to make it appear that the Arab presence had been a long one, the committee said.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.