- Similar to doing a rebus or crossword puzzle, it's a drawing of nine dots, and the challenge is to connect them without lifting the pen from the paper.
- Designs often took the form of pictorial puns and rebuses, or word puzzles.
- Just last week one of the words in the rebus puzzle was a cow plus a banjo minus the letter ‘M.’
- Suppose I have a picture-puzzle, a rebus, in front of me.
- The bamboo signifies uprightness, as mentioned above; the fungus, or lingzhi, was also thought to contribute longevity and the five bats are a rebus or pun.
- A rebus is a picture puzzle, and it seemed to click.
- It's something of a rebus, though perhaps involving more associative skills than your average rebus and doesn't make sense except as a melding of personae.
- The relaxed conjunction of leaf and slingshot forms a rebus, suggesting the proximity of support and threat in relationships between things - all sorts of things, human, animal and mineral.
- It may be that the heraldic nature of the squirrel's significance in the painting suggested the rebus like pun to represent the place name.
- There seem to be puzzles, maybe even a few rebuses or word-games hidden in it too.
- It's in the form of a rebus and translates to ‘I'm watching you.’
- An epigraph typically functions as a rebus for an essay, providing a gloss or indicating the author's approach.