In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He had said that the government would no longer provide financial assistance to recapitalize the remaining A category banks because the government did not have the financial resources.
- Authorities are starting to recapitalize banks and professionalize credit operations, but it's a slow process - and the banks keep lending.
- Moreover, important steps were taken to recapitalize the banking system.
- The banks have been recapitalized with $33 billion in new funds, and four asset management companies have taken over nearly $160 billion in bad loans with an eye toward restructuring the debtors.
- Instead of privatizing its state banks and financial firms, Beijing has decided to recapitalize them.
- The two recapitalised banks have established their Boards and Board committees.
- The government recapitalized the bank and now owns a 57 percent stake in it.
- And I do believe that the Fed is confident (especially after the early 1990s experience) that any banking system problem can be resolved by recapitalizing the industry (either directly or through cheap borrowings).
- He offered to lend them money to repurchase the shares and recapitalise the business.
- That type of undertaking means anything from radical changes in strategy to trimming product lines, selling non-core assets or businesses, recapitalizing foreign subsidiaries, realigning management, or selling the entire company.
- At that time, the government dramatically expanded the loan guarantee program and recapitalised the banks with public funds.
- He said in an interview that the greatest challenge that the company was currently facing was inadequate funds to recapitalise its operations.
- The now privatised Zambian mines have recently been recapitalised by the new owners Anglo-American Corporation.
- Unless insolvent institutions are recapitalized with sufficient real capital and banks end their ruinous lending practices, the stock of bad loans will continue to rise.
- The government has also spent $120 billion in the course of the past four years recapitalizing banks and buying bad loans.
- The banks were all recapitalized by the government as a bail-out program to help rescue the banking sector crippled by the 1997-1998 financial crisis.
- And he said they had launched a programme that would help mobilise finances and recapitalise the company.
- We have to recapitalize this company, and there are various methods we can use.
- The rescue plan, in which the company is to be recapitalized in a two-phase cash injection from the government, was announced Oct. 4.
- A corporation, or an industry, is sustainable only when it continually reinvents and recapitalizes itself to meet changing business requirements.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.