In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1volver a cargarrecargar
- At present, a single fuel cell can provide enough power to recharge a cell phone battery once.
- As the batteries run low, patients simply strap on a power pack that recharges the batteries via radio waves beamed through their skin.
- The voltage required to properly recharge a storage battery varies with battery temperature.
- He also recharged the system for £40: a saving of over £1,500.
- Instead, it uses a USB cable for hooking up to your PC, and a separate power supply for recharging the battery.
- Use of solar panels with photo-voltaic cells to recharge batteries was ruled out because it adds cost to the cell and requires additional recharging circuitry.
- We can recharge the battery while the USB cable is connected to the unit.
- Users can recharge their phone or chuck it away and get another one.
- A US developer is coming to market with a device which lets users recharge batteries using a foot-operated pump.
- In a major technological accomplishment, the energy needed to recharge the internal battery is transmitted via radio waves - all without the need for wires.
- The device uses magnetic inductive power transfer to recharge its battery - a method presently used to charge batteries sealed inside electric toothbrushes and shavers.
- For recharging batteries in the field, external auxiliary power units could be used, but quieter solutions were desired.
- On the base of the device is the cradle connector and a separate power jack, allowing you to recharge the device when you're away from your desk.
- The larger longer term impact of hybrids will come not from greater fuel efficiency but rather from a shift toward using electric power outlets to recharge vehicle batteries.
- Any electric car that uses batteries needs a charging system to recharge the batteries.
- The motor's battery is recharged by an electric generator powered by a gasoline engine.
- It uses its own braking motion to create power and recharge the battery, eliminating the need to plug it into any outside power source.
- The fuel cell then continuously recharges the battery.
- It also supplies power to the camera and recharges the battery.
- A hydrogen-powered car painted with the film could potentially convert enough energy into electricity to continually recharge the car's battery.
- This camera and video recorder comes with a docking station that allows us to recharge the battery and connect the device to the PC.
1volverse a cargarrecargarse
1to give a battery a recharge — recargar una batería
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.