In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Cocinareceta femeninoa recipe for cheese soufflé — una receta para hacer soufflé de queso
- Following a traditional recipe, the scientists prepared the maize and analysed the contents.
- It was my mother's recipe, the first of her recipes I tried to prepare since her death that winter.
- I don't measure the ingredients and I never give recipes with exact ingredients.
- For our recent dinner I made at least nine different dishes from this recipe book.
- You will find the ingredients for these recipes are easy to find and the cooking time is usually minimal.
- The basic instructions are the same for all the recipes listed here.
- We will be offering a seafood cookbook with recipes for several savory lobster dishes.
- Such recipes often include a list of ingredients that can be found within the store.
- She had the opportunity to work with various ingredients and recipes.
- As you look through the cookbook, make sure the recipes include ingredients you like or are willing to try.
- The extensive index lists contributors and their recipes for quick reference.
- Exotic dishes are explained in a simple way and therefore the recipes are easy to prepare at home.
- She was stuck in the kitchen, surrounded by recipes and various ingredients.
- Macaroon recipes have appeared in cookery books since at least the late 17th century.
- Short fables and wise sayings are mingled with recipes, lists, and jokes.
- Her contribution included compiling a cookery book after pestering celebrity chefs for recipes.
- As with all recipes, the ingredients are probably the best place to start.
- Most of the recipes are simple to prepare and follow short ingredient lists.
- He always started with his special thick and creamy soup, prepared to a secret recipe and reserved for him alone.
- As it is almost upon us, I have opted for some quick, easy recipes using ingredients that you probably have at home.
2recipe for(formula)fórmula para femeninohis recipe for success/happiness — su fórmula para alcanzar el éxito/la felicidad
- that's a recipe for disaster — eso es buscarse problemas
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.