In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1recreativorecreational vehicle — vehículo de recreo masculino
- Initially, children had no access to recreational facilities, not even balls.
- Mr Barry said that up to 10 acres would be set aside for recreational purposes.
- You can bet that socializing is the reason most people take part in group recreational activities.
- What do you think about the open space, sports and recreational facilities available in the Chelmsford borough?
- Apart from the inadequacy of the building the school yard is much too small for recreational purposes.
- The day centre provides educational and recreational activities for people with learning disabilities.
- The occupants have started indulging in some social and recreational activities.
- Lack of proper recreational facilities for the elderly will be felt more acutely in the coming years.
- It would be used for seven days and four evenings a week, mainly for recreational and educational purposes.
- The covenant requires the land be used principally for cultural and recreational activities.
- The Romans had a special fondness for mineral spas, visiting them for medicinal and recreational purposes.
- What recreational activity would you take up if you had the time and/or money?
- You are asked to list recreational interests and activities, membership of clubs and societies.
- An ambitious plan to convert two acres of unused allotments into recreational facilities was launched today.
- Are there any facilities or institutions for youth leisure and recreational activities?
- Some children have spent all their primary school lives in prefabs with no recreational facilities.
- This room provides a great recreational facility for the youth in the community.
- This is a credit to the local community and they have a right to expect funding for recreational facilities.
- He expressed the hope that it would be developed as a social or recreational facility.
- Visitors are also given information on recreational activities in the area.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.