In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1rectoría femeninocasa del párroco femenino
- At Croft the family lived in a large rectory with a wonderful garden but chose to live much more simply than they might have done.
- We created a self-contained house within the rectory, comprising mainly the attic, with steep stairs going through a couple of rooms in the lower floors.
- I also sought out smaller houses, manors, rectories and cottages that can be visited by the public.
- He will be residing in the refurbished rectory in Riverstown with his wife, Bridget and their three children.
- He died at his brother's house, the rectory at Long Stratton, Norfolk.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.