In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- While the council has restored a weekly collection of residual waste, the fortnightly collection of recyclable waste from the black boxes continues.
- They tell you how recyclable any plastic product is, though most of their products are wood and paper.
- My job is to handle recyclable waste for 16 floors.
- There is extensive use of recycled and recyclable plastics on the vehicle.
- Under the law, he said it was illegal for recycling businesses to go to housing estates and collect recyclable waste directly.
- Householders will also receive their first five clear plastic sacks for holding the recyclable waste in the post.
- The organizers will provide you with resources to obtain biodegradable and recyclable utensils and paper products if you wish.
- All recyclable goods will be taken to an existing recycling facility in Bexley until Greenwich's opens in April 2004.
- Ironically, CDs and DVDs are made from recyclable materials, yet the vast majority end up in landfills or incinerators anyway.
- Last year the collection of dry recyclable goods was extended to an additional 110,000 households nationwide.
- If all supermarkets used recyclable bags, consumers would be able to help fight pollution.
- The borough council could make money from collecting this recyclable waste and all traders want is somewhere to put it.
- People would soon be able to bring recyclable goods to the land fill.
- Everyone else took pride in pelting them with recyclable plastic.
- And green materials, such as bamboo, cork, and recycled and recyclable carpet, will be used.
- The introduction of proposed EU legislation on the need for more recyclable plastics in vehicles will also encourage the use of such material in Europe.
- It provides ‘green’ bins for recyclable waste, paper, tins, bottles and plastic.
- Some of the recyclable materials include paper, plastics, metals and tyres.
- Collections for ordinary waste and recyclable waste were held on alternative weeks, and the results impressed council officials.
- His estimates included indirect costs such as management of the landfill, where staff store recyclable plastics, glass and paper.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.