In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(virile)(male) ardiente(male) fogoso(male) de pelo en pecho coloquial humorístico
- Liv was fair-skinned with smooth red hair, gray eyes, and a small body that acted liked a magnet for almost all red-blooded males in the school.
- As any red-blooded male should, I found myself admiring her form in the many varied outfits she wore throughout the film.
- Have Yorkshire's red-blooded males lost their spirit of adventure?
- He did what no red-blooded man needs lessons in doing.
- Nearly all the reports have been sent in by women, so please all those red-blooded males out there; be brave and let me now what is happening to you.
- Then they say that he is a red-blooded heterosexual male, and that he is stressed and in need of psychiatric help.
- Like most red-blooded males, I used to take a fairly cautious (okay, an occasionally disparaging) view of spas and health farms in general.
- It seems that these sentiments aren't echoed by all of Australia's red-blooded men.
- What red-blooded guy wouldn't want to trade places with him?
- Both ladies used their expertise to give red-blooded males everywhere a spectacle that would burn in our brains forever.
- This whole emotion-based sports phenomenon goes right to the heart of any red-blooded male.
- What red-blooded male could resist such blandishments?
- All red-blooded males should arrange to see this film now.
- A random trawl of the heroes of the past two decades proves how hard it is to find red-blooded guys.
- Instead of 26 red-blooded men chasing one woman in the mess they would all be there as equals.
- When you think about it how could a straight, red-blooded man possibly resist the easy pickings of a good wedding reception?
- It emasculates the good old red-blooded, heterosexual Kiwi male.
- So I did what any red-blooded male in the same circumstances would do, I went home and went back to bed.
- She cringed, knowing what any red-blooded man's response to such a beautiful girl's invitation would be.
- In all fairness, she gives a compelling performance as well, but I'd like to know if there is a red-blooded male who isn't impressed by the whole package.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.