In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- This is nourishing, redemptive; we become less alone inside.
- Revenge is not redemptive; it smears the soul with the same evil it seeks to repay.
- Alas, the movie doesn't allow the actor to fulfill the same redemptive role.
- The kingdom is essentially redemptive and spiritual rather than political and physical.
- Themes of redemptive love, parental affection and reconciliation are worked out in the music in a very different way from the play.
- The pulsating core of his speech was the redemptive power of love.
- We profess that people of any age are included in God's unconditional love and redemptive grace.
- I wanted him to know the comfort and consolation of Christ's redemptive love.
- I think there's a majesty in it that makes it redemptive.
- It feels emotional and meaningful to me because I do think love is incredibly redemptive.
- I found something reassuring and redemptive in this record, which went above and beyond anything that its creators could have envisaged for it.
- The book is also about love - and its redemptive power.
- Nor does she shirk her moral duty to counter evil with the redemptive power of truth.
- It is a tale of fear and guilt, emotional survival, and the redemptive power of love.
- You've done a lot of work with prisoners, dealing with the redemptive power of art.
- One rejected the book on the grounds that it had ‘no redemptive quality’.
- There is a redemptive quality to these high, open moors.
- I decided that the movie, no matter how bleak and hopeless it may seem, is ultimately about redemptive hope, albeit a twisted one at that.
- If this simple tale of three people and a pooch were a Hollywood movie, it would be all about the redemptive power of love.
- So I think there's a redemptive quality involved with taking care of people who have a need in the later years of their life.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.