In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- However, it can redistribute the market share of the different companies that sell hair product and clothing.
- People are unwilling to redistribute large amounts of income to their own detriment, and plans to do so usually have some ulterior end.
- The Act will not redistribute wealth from the poor to the rich, but from the imprudent borrower to the prudent borrower.
- It's actually redistributing political power.
- Whiting is a reformer who wants to redistribute income from the rich to the poor by engaging government tax power.
- While we were now a low tax regime, he felt there was still scope for further tax reform to redistribute wealth to those on low and middle incomes.
- Eliminate positions and redistribute the work to those who remain.
- ‘We want to redistribute tourism among the different museums on offer,’ he said.
- The former mechanism redistributes wealth by reducing the gap between the rich and poor, leading to the emergence of a middle class.
- Most favor an activist federal government that intervenes in the economy, redistributes wealth, and acts as an instrument of social change.
- Reducing inequality almost always requires redistributing wealth from the rich to the poor.
- I am, yes, a believer in redistributing wealth.
- The government has done exceptionally well in redistributing money towards low-paid families.
- All the districts suffered as the Government took the money away from the districts and redistributed it mainly to the counties.
- Their fun comes in redistributing income and wealth.
- If you don't redistribute wealth then you get vast economic differences between rich and poor.
- They tend toward social policies which redistribute wealth from those who have earned it to those who need it.
- This served as the means for redistributing social wealth into the hands of a tiny elite while, at the same time, basic forms of social security were demolished.
- But, as opponents of the Bill have pointed out, gambling adds nothing to the economy: it simply redistributes wealth from the poor to the rich.
- A just social order required state action to redistribute resources.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.