1(increase)(efforts) redoblar(efforts) intensificar
- Councillors hope that redoubling their efforts will allow officers to devise a ‘more proactive’ strategy.
- But far from being examined - let alone disavowed - the policies behind these developments are being redoubled.
- Charles attempted to exploit the rift between army and Parliament and redoubled his efforts to persuade the Scots to assist him.
- Had they known, they would, I am sure, have redoubled their efforts.
- If anything, this act of violence has redoubled our efforts to make this community stronger.
- At the same time, Europe and America must redouble their efforts to strengthen the imperfect but necessary system of international governance.
- He stressed the importance of redoubling their efforts this year to ensure the needs of the club and the community will be met.
- Instead they redoubled their efforts, and with two goals inside three minutes, they turned on its head an encounter that appeared to be slipping away from them.
- For this reason alone we should be redoubling efforts to clean up our air.
- Well planned and organized coordination doubles and redoubles the combat capability of a combat force package.
- Under their instruction, he redoubled his efforts.
- In the coming year we will be redoubling our efforts and in particularly we will be working with those schools that need extra help.
- It's not all over yet - we'll just redouble our efforts to catch them.
- Not downhearted, the Cumbrians redoubled their efforts.
- In Beijing Duan redoubled his efforts to strengthen his position.
- We will be redoubling our efforts on schools that have causes for concern with the aim of having no failing schools in Manchester.
- The man stumbled back, then redoubled his efforts, swinging with increasing speed and strength.
- We will, of course, be redoubling our efforts in the year ahead - there is still plenty of room for further improvement.
- City opponents have redoubled their assaults, sensing that a Tory victory is not impossible.
- We will be redoubling our efforts to make sure it stays that way.
- The games can be doubled and redoubled as in bridge.
1(efforts) redoblarse(efforts) intensificarse(noise) aumentar(noise) intensificarse
1(in bridge)redoblo masculino
- The players now bid as in Contract Bridge (doubles and redoubles are allowed), until one player passes.
- If someone then bids higher, any previous doubles and redoubles are cancelled.