1reducto masculinothe last redoubt of the rebels — el último reducto / baluarte de los rebeldes
- Unlike the fortified cities of northern Ireland, Charles Towne's streets fail to connect the bastions and redoubts rimming the town.
- The earthworks were reused as a gun redoubt during the Civil War.
- A camp was built on top of the cliff and a redoubt followed.
- The buccaneer fought the King's soldiers for many a year until a large force of redcoats stormed his redoubt.
- A few men actually made it to the redoubt on top, only to be killed immediately.