In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1volver a redactar
- Legislation published last December had to be redrafted.
- The suspicion is that those redrafting the policy were influenced by borrower governments to weaken policy requirements.
- Their motive is to help people, and the definition of treason needs to be redrafted so that they can do their important humanitarian work without fear of being charged with treason.
- With one deft stroke, he placed himself in charge of redrafting a new set of laws.
- Dermot is now redrafting plans which he hopes to submit over the coming few weeks.
- All authors contributed to writing and redrafting the article.
- He didn't send the letter, in fact he spent the remaining five years of his life redrafting it - he was notorious for redrafting scientific papers - and he redrafted this letter.
- After waiting hours for the paperwork to be redrafted he was told the court was then too busy and he would have to return next morning.
- This newspaper has learned that the draft report has been redrafted at least three times within the last month.
- It is true that within six years the French had redrafted this list twice, extending it and then restricting it.
- The police dissembled, waffled and redrafted the history.
- Marx drafted and redrafted this chapter several times in order to make it as accessible as possible.
- The select committee has redrafted the bill extensively, and the bill is better for it.
- The various security documents held by the Bank were redrafted in early 1985.
- The mine is now redrafting its labour policy with the help of the union, he said.
- The council's annual budget had to be redrafted at the last minute to include the debt.
- And even if they all agreed on everything in it, the document would still have to be redrafted to take account of the fact that it will be a legal text.
- Nevertheless, the authors did succeed in redrafting it in an attempt to tone down the document's content.
- Whether these calculations will now need to be redrafted remains to be seen.
- She simply reached for her textbooks and redrafted their work from scratch.
1nuevo borrador masculinoit needs a complete redraft — hay que volverlo a redactar
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.