In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The main enemies are psychologism, reductionism, idealism, and the distortion of the phenomena by philosophical systems.
- Ayer by now thought phenomenalism was unsuccessful in this attempt, and again reductionism would not work for the future cases.
- But there is always something more to Cocteau's films than the simple reductionism of ordinary interpretation.
- No less interesting has been the enthusiastic reception of several recent political plays that steered clear of rigid political reductionism.
- Even for the casually religious, such seeming reductionism can rankle.
- Her faith, however, is not a simple brand of spiritual reductionism whereupon community and congregational problems can be explained by God.
- Here the mind is not limited by any reductionism such as religion, caste, nationality etc.
- Such reductionism is done purposefully to justify military aggression, he added.
- Even those that oppose simple reductionism do not come close to Myers's ultimate hopes.
- This tradition, with its suspect promise of simplicity, has a tattered reputation because of its reductionism.
- This reductionism is an ideological fantasy, rather than a theoretical position resting on solid argument.
- That does not require that in embracing naturalism one also embrace determinism, physicalism, and reductionism.
- What is the significance of empiricism or reductionism?
- Western philosophy today can he characterized by three things: reductionism, rationalism and a belief in progress.
- Opposing either form of reductionism would be the thesis that both species of causation exist but that neither is analysable in terms of the other.
- This kind of reductionism is not very useful, and it is also politically paralysing.
- The problem is called economic reductionism - seeing economic interests at all times and in every case as being the only phenomenon necessary to understand political decisions.
- What an extraordinarily explicit statement of scientific reductionism!
- You could say this is an attack on reductionism, or on fundamentalism.
- In contrast to reductionism, there is the view that testimony is itself a ‘basic’ source of warrant.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.