In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1Fisiologíareflejo masculinoconditioned reflex — reflejo condicionado masculino
- before noun reflex action — acto reflejo
- It must be remembered that some individuals do not have a blink reflex, due to neuro-muscular problems with the eye, and therefore are at serious risk from this laser exposure.
- Thinking about your baby can stimulate the let-down reflex.
- They act on the brain to hold back the cough reflex.
- Pavlov's studies investigated the way in which environmental stimuli inspired biological reflexes in animals.
- The reflexes in the feet are stimulated with various massage techniques to promote healing in the body.
- These receptors also excite the defecation reflex.
- When the nervous system becomes involved, the muscle tendon bundles remain hypertonic and pain reflexes in the area are activated.
- Secretion into the bloodstream is increased by the presence of food, particularly protein, in the stomach, and is also stimulated by neural reflexes.
- Sleep on your back - when the spit collects back there, it triggers a swallowing reflex.
- These are inhibitory reflexes, excited by deglutition, by gastric distension, and by intestinal dilatation.
- Applying pressure to reflex points makes it possible to interact with the interconnected systems of the body at an energetic level and restore homeostatic function.
- Elevation of the larynx during the swallowing reflex protects the airway and opens the upper esophageal sphincter.
- All his paradigm required was linking and relinking stimuli and responses: a salivary reflex, once produced by food, was now evoked by a bell signaling the coming of food.
- Neurologic examination revealed symmetric reflexes with normal sensation and strength.
- Two significant complications of lung transplantation include the impairment of the cough reflex and mucociliary clearance.
- Border Collies have a high startle reflex, which can sometimes endanger their lives.
- The points on the ear have their reflex to different bodily functions or organs.
- Families frequently misdiagnose their loved ones' involuntary muscle reflexes as consciousness.
- Either mechanical tapping or electrical stimulation of the supraorbital regions may evoke the blink reflex.
- Monitor urine output, deep tendon reflexes and serum levels.
- He saw people as conditioned reflexes, not souls with intentions, willpower and choice.
- My patient still had a few elicitable neurological reflexes.
- Deep tendon reflexes disappear within the first few days of symptom onset.
- The medulla controls this involuntary swallowing reflex, although voluntary swallowing may be initiated by the cerebral cortex.
1.2(automatic reaction)reflejo masculino(refusal/response) (before noun) instintivo(response/refusal) (before noun) automático
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.