In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- I also had a child with reflux [a kidney infection], which meant she couldn't sleep lying down.
- Just doors away on the same street, Paul Samuels suffered numerous urinary infections and was also diagnosed with the same reflux as the Buckley and Chapman children.
- Most investigators consider any esophageal pH below 4.0 as the cutoff defining reflux of gastric acid into the esophagus.
- I would not have diagnosed reflux on the basis of those records.
- He was also experiencing increased heartburn and obvious gastroesophageal reflux.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.