- In particular, this initial work has demonstrated the enormous potential for a new generation of lenses, which function, of course, by refracting the rays of incident waves.
- Color is important: one sees the reds, tans and browns of skin color, the blue of water and the wavy white lines of light refracted through the water.
- Spectacles and contact lenses refract the light before it enters the eye, helping the eye to focus objects sharply.
- Ideally we would like to refract the shadow ray too, but mathematically this is a much more difficult problem to solve.
- The cornea and the crystalline lens refract light that enters the eye.
- They cut glass, they refract light into perfect hearts-and-arrows, and they have superlative fire and brilliance.
- The cornea and lens refract the incoming light rays to focus them on the retina at the back of the eye.
- Metamaterial research is an emerging field that uses manmade substances to alter the way materials refract light or electromagnetic radiation.
- The hotter, denser air refracts the light coming from the horizon and the viewer sees an image of the sky near the horizon.
- Sparkling glass goblets and mugs refracted the light just as the silver reflected it.
- The regional variation of ocean depth acts as a lens to refract the waves, just as a lens refracts light.
- When the temperature difference is large enough, the warmer air refracts the light and amazing images can be seen.
- The wavelength of light affects how much it is refracted on entering the atmosphere, with red light refracted the most and blue least (as in rainbows).
- This is because of particles in the air refracting the light.
- Not only is the roof above them made of glass, it is also filled with water, further refracting the light received in the public spaces below.
- A light ray is refracted when it passes from one medium to another at an angle and its speed changes.
- In De Natura Locorum he gives a diagram which shows light being refracted by a spherical glass container full of water.
- The rays were detected by a calcium sulfide thread that glowed slightly in the dark when the rays were refracted through a 60-degree angle prism of aluminum.
- The image passes through the lens, which further refracts the light through its anterior and posterior curvatures.
- It acted like a prism on the setting sunlight striking it, refracting the light in much the same way as a crystal would.