In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Leave to cool in the tin before cutting, then refrigerate until completely cold before removing from the tin.
- Wrapping and refrigerating leftovers is very important.
- Once you have eaten the main course - before you have coffee and dessert - promptly refrigerate leftovers.
- If the room temperature is above 90 F, refrigerate perishable foods within one hour.
- Be sure to refrigerate the starter culture in a clean, air-tight container.
- Never refrigerate tomatoes that are not fully ripe because cold temperatures stop the ripening process.
- All you have to do is rinse the sprouts once a day and refrigerate them once they have sprouted.
- They're in a situation where they have no electricity, therefore no way of refrigerating their catch.
- Cover and refrigerate it for a week before using for best flavor.
- They will be lighter if you refrigerate the dough prior to boiling.
- Ask train or airline personnel to refrigerate medications that need to be kept cool.
- You can make the soup immediately, refrigerate the stock for several days, or freeze it.
- At this point, you can refrigerate the squash for up to three days, or cook it immediately.
- Save the water from the steaming process in a covered container and refrigerate it.
- Put the tulip bulbs in a paper bag and refrigerate it for 6 to 8 weeks, but keep them away from the fruit.
- Once cold, strain into a bowl and refrigerate until very cold.
- It allows people to irrigate their farmland, refrigerate their vaccines, and run their machines.
- We buy the bulbs in the fall, refrigerate them for six to eight weeks, then plant them after Christmas.
- Hurricane victims can use ice to refrigerate food, preserve medicine, and cool off in the summer heat.
- Cover the bowl of dough with plastic wrap, and refrigerate it for one hour.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.