In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1nevera femeninorefrigerador masculino América Latinafrigorífico masculino Españaheladera femenino Río de la Plata(truck/ship) (before noun) frigorífico
- Appliances such as refrigerators and stoves have increased exponentially.
- It was used in the days before refrigerators to keep food cool and store ice blocks gathered in winter.
- Back then, you had to have refrigerators to store food instead of having each meal prepared and delivered daily.
- Before the war, most households were without refrigerators and other electric appliances.
- He decided it was time to leave school, so he found a job selling washing machines, refrigerators and electrical hardware.
- Britain has taken onboard this ruling but has had to resort to simply storing old refrigerators while facilities are built to dispose of them.
- All that is needed is some means of driving the fluid around the circuit - in most modern refrigerators this is an electric pump.
- For two days, he's managed a team whose job is to clear out refrigerators and other appliances tossed to the curb.
- It's not recommended to store Champagne in the refrigerator for more than a few months.
- You can't sell perishable fresh and frozen foods unless households have refrigerators.
- Check the seasoning, then spoon the paste into a jar and store it in the refrigerator.
- These tools also plot and correlate the image in the customers' mind of other appliances such as refrigerators and microwave ovens.
- If you must wait a few days, keep the bulbs moist and store them in your refrigerator.
- Chop and blend finely in a food processor and store in the refrigerator.
- Television sets, air conditioning, and refrigerators are common in modern Bahraini homes.
- Cool, cover with plastic wrap, and store in the refrigerator until needed to add to soup or salad.
- Brent Cameron, a former refrigeration repair man, explained to me how refrigerators keep food cool.
- Small appliances such as food processors sit near large appliances such as refrigerators.
- My wife and I decided to do our bit to reduce energy consumption by buying a modern refrigerator a few months ago.
- The report said, for example, that refrigerators for storing vaccines were poorly maintained and often broke down.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.