In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1en lo que concierne aen lo que respecta aen lo que se refiere a(con) respecto a
- We didn't talk about the wedding, but threw light-hearted jibes at each other regarding our respective lives.
- Archival research continues to raise new and difficult questions regarding Piero in other respects.
- Anxieties regarding respectability were often concealed by seemingly trivial complaints over children, gardens or noise.
- The ECB's regulations regarding junior cricket in respect of helmets and bowling and fielding restrictions have been adopted.
- None of the amendments related in any way to the issue of financial disclosure or altered in any respect the releases regarding support and property rights.
- He raised several concerns regarding the proposed tuition hikes, especially with respect to the differential tuition fees applied to international students.
- With respect to his comments regarding the fans' behaviour, how did he expect them to react?
- However, this year there were concerns regarding the significant rise in the cost of tickets.
- South Dublin planning officials pose 42 queries, chiefly regarding an environmental impact study and traffic management around the stadium.
- Despite having written three times to Air Transat I have yet to receive any reply regarding my concerns about the safety of their aircraft.
- Howard made some good points regarding respect, responsibility and decency.
- I ask Mr Sowry not to come begging to me for a reference, particularly regarding his observation skills.
- The other file system problems discussed previously regarding performance and security are also no longer a concern.
- No, I refer to judgements made about a decade ago regarding the York Barbican development.
- How concerned should fitness professionals be regarding caffeine's influence on exercise?
- Correspondence has been exchanged between the parties regarding their respective positions.
- He said his Government has reservations about the proposed constitution and is particularly concerned about aspects regarding common foreign policy and defence.
- Participants were required to adhere to the same library rules regarding respect for copyright and general behaviour as are other members of the university.
- We refer to your article on Sunday 21 July regarding the proposed new measures for stringent checks on general practitioners in the wake of the Shipman Inquiry.
- There are no major problems regarding the respect of fundamental rights.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.