In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- To freeze a casserole that contains tomatoes or another acidic ingredient, cover the food with plastic freezer wrap, then with foil; remove plastic wrap before reheating in oven.
- I had the corned beef with parsley sauce, which had that distinctive crumbly texture - not the least bit tough despite being reheated.
- Leftovers are also excellent the next day, and slices can be reheated gently in the microwave or sautéed in a hot skillet with just a little oil.
- But then, a microwave oven would often become an ornamental kitchen equipment, used occasionally to bake a cake, to pop some corns and mostly for reheating the food.
- She could never stand prepackaged food and reheated fast food like Darius seemed to love.
- After a suitable cooling off period, Mark reheated Tanj's coffee cup, and took it to her on the flight deck.
- I sliced it and reheated it in a small pan as well as some leftover mashed potatoes.
- Once the pan was hot enough, I sprinkled the smooth surface with vegetable oil and started reheating yesterday's rice.
- When reheating this soup, heat only until hot, not boiling.
- When reheating food, check it's piping hot in the middle and don't reheat it more than once.
- He had put the baby in the high chair, put food out on the high chair, he had poured two glasses of wine waiting for Amber to come home and was reheating a seafood lasagna they made the night before.
- Margaret and some of the other chefs came in with huge platters of food that had been reheated.
- Leftovers are great reheated in the microwave, or you can freeze them for up to two months.
- When reheating fully cooked meats like hot dogs, grill to 165 degrees Fahrenheit or until steaming hot.
- It must be reheated to ‘piping hot’ to be safe.
- When we were finished, he reheated the tea and waffles for me, and yes, I had some syrup.
- This recipe stores really well in the fridge for 3-4 days, it cannot be frozen but it is easily reheated in the microwave.
- You can use the same frying pan to make and reheat the sauce and to cook the vegetables; rinse between processes.
- Use old TV dinner trays to reheat food in the microwave.
- To actually eat meat that had been grilled and not reheated was a very good feeling.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.