In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- A decision is soon to be made on the future of the flat, though it is likely to be used to rehouse alternative tenants.
- Already, 500 families have been rehoused in modern two-storey apartments, but hundreds more are still waiting.
- A public tender process will mean fresh negotiations with other private parties, and further delays to rehousing the residents, he said.
- It's a vicious circle and unfortunately if this family is rehoused these youths will probably just pick on somebody else in the estate.
- They were told they would be rehoused within six weeks to six months - but are still waiting.
- Two and a half years later, these people continue to live in temporary shelters and, according to these women, there is still no policy in place to rehouse them.
- Housing reformers preferred to rehouse workers in the suburbs, but the cost of transport to and from work was beyond many families' incomes.
- One claimed that homes are deliberately burnt because some people want the council to rehouse them elsewhere.
- 30 families have been rehoused to date and more building projects are under-way.
- A number of industrial tenants in one of the buildings to be demolished will be rehoused.
- All the residents were rehoused by the council who boarded up the houses.
- Residents were rehoused further downstream on the other side of the dam, but many yearned for the lost streets and houses.
- Around 700 families have to be rehoused every year because of domestic violence.
- Most of the families living on the estate have already been rehoused and some of the houses have been demolished.
- Plans have also been approved to build three new bungalows in Mather Avenue, which are intended to rehouse some of the residents of Elms Road who will lose their homes as part of the development.
- He said: ‘There's been so much damage and trouble here that it would be best to pull the flats down and rehouse us elsewhere.’
- People whose homes were not fit to be lived in would be temporarily rehoused.
- It is not fair on other council tenants that have paid their rent if people in arrears are rehoused before them.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.