In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Nominal concepts are relatively autonomous, whereas relational concepts display a high degree of conceptual dependence.
- On the whole, locally upheld cultural ideals support a notion of the relational or connective self.
- Married life is not only deeply relational, but it is also unpredictable.
- These limitations to the concept of relational exchange are considered below.
- I would say to him that my world is essentially relational, not personal.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.