In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1vía de descongestión femeninovía de libramiento femenino México
- Work was due to start on an inner relief road at the end of this year but it has been deferred due to lack of funds.
- Week after week they recommend more traffic lights, less one-way systems, and more relief roads to alleviate traffic on by-passes built to avoid choke points!
- The amount of large trucks that still use the town centre each day rather than the N17 relief road is alarming to the say the least.
- With all the talk of inner relief roads and its impact on Lord Edward Street, it is worth remembering that the fine old building where Donaghy's and the Coach Lane are located will remain intact.
- Secondly, from an environmental point of view, the inner relief road leaves much to be desired.
- In the long term, the solution to our transport needs is not to build more roads, wider roads and an ever increasing number of ring roads, relief roads and motor-ways.
- Meanwhile a relief road cuts through the former graveyard.
- It had been suggested that the Sandyhill Road be used as a relief road rather than looking at alternative routes.
- In relation to the relief road, a proposal was included on the plans for a second route option linking the Ardmore and Leenane roads which will now be put to the public for discussion.
- The relief road connects the Athgarvan Road and the Green Road, diverting traffic out of the town.
- One such scheme was the Harnham relief road, to take heavy vehicles out of the historic and residential city core.
- Alternatively, we can wait for the opening of the inner relief road and the western by-pass and the commuter train from south Sligo.
- They looked for an outer relief road and also agreed immediate improvements should take place on the N9 linking Carlow to Castledermot to improve safety.
- The Tories are expected to point out how major new road plans, such as an upgrade of the M8 through Lanarkshire, and Aberdeen's western relief road, could be paid for out of taxation if money is taken out of the Scottish Enterprise budget.
- The plan also states that there is an increasing need to deal with traffic congestion in Athy and to develop traffic management schemes, relief roads and other improvements.
- The town's inner relief roads joining onto the Newbridge Road at Chadwick's and through Jigginstown Park will have a bearing on future traffic in the area.
- The reservation of lands that will be required for the expansion of the rail service and the new relief roads is vital for the future of the town.
- But even if the Inner Relief Road does what it is hoped that it will, the ever increasing number of cars and lorries on the roads is going to create the need for even more relief roads in the future.
- Some measures already being considered, or in operation, such as relief roads, Park and Ride, and public transport priority measures such as bus lanes, were accepted.
- Yorkshire will benefit from £166m to fund bypasses, relief roads and major road improvements to tackle traffic congestion, as well as new public transport projects, town centre improvements and smaller scale schemes.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.