In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Here she was in the absolute prime of her voice and her rendering of that famous Second Act is quite simply spine-tingling in all departments.
- He first conducted the Montreal Symphony in 1999 with a rendering of Mahler's Ninth, regarded as the finest ever heard in this city.
- He returned to adaptation in 1998 with his faithful rendering of Toni Morrison's Beloved.
- Unfamiliar renderings and the absence of starry vocals allow the music to be really heard again.
- In between, there was to be a short tea-break and a rendering of drama songs.
- The local choirs gave a beautiful rendering of carols creating a wonderful festive atmosphere.
- The sonic results are a startling rendering of the music.
- It was totally realised here in one of the finest renderings I have ever heard.
- We sense the tragedy of the poetic ballad and the noble lineage of its characters in the very opening measures of the musical rendering.
- Theatre of Blood makes explicit what is implicit in pop renderings of Shakespeare: a contest between cultural constituencies for authority, a struggle that makes Shakespeare the cultural icon both weapon and prize.
- He is also a robust singer, as his rendering of Blow High proved.
- The choir gave a beautiful rendering of hymns to celebrate this special occasion in the children's lives.
- One of the most powerful factors in the musical rendering of an intricate drama is that relationships, motivations and events may be condensed structurally.
- A lively rendering of The Nutcracker, a ballet fantasy thrilled its audience to a standing ovation Thursday.
- ‘Eccentric’ may also apply in a more dominant way to her rendering of the Second Sonata.
- The result is an authentically eerie, but faithful, rendering of Guthrie's songs.
- His rendering of Memories Are Made of This, in particular, is a model of stylish re-creation.
- A fearlessly virtuosic rendering of the double stops in the cadenza capped a spectacular performance that breathed new life into a repertoire staple!
- The rendering of the all-time classic songs by children was music to the ears.
1.2(version)versión femeninorendering (into sth) — traducción (a algo) femenino
- Indeed, translators were quick to admit that their renderings were but starting points for readers who wished to become familiar with the ancients.
- Given a brilliant translator and a minor text, couldn't a rendering actually exceed the original?
- Literary translations-that is, renderings that were not specifically designed to assist in the teaching of Latin or Greek-were left with no direct rhetorical utility to recommend them.
- It is as far from a literal rendering of Akhmatova's verse as it is from the book's dominant temperament.
- This never-been-done-before adaptation of a timeless tale gives a fuller rendering of the book that is normally achievable in a classic adaptation.
- Prior to fixing coving we would recommend Hydrotite being applied to finish plastered rendering, to same height as PVC coves.
- For instance, in a terrace of houses it would be important to retain the original rendering on the walls and keep the sliding sash windows and front railing, because these features affect the whole ensemble.
- It was agreed that rendering beneath a dpc, or in this case beneath a false dpc but nevertheless still in close proximity to the ground, should not have been included in the design.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.