In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Paneer is a cheese made from pure milk without the animal agent, rennet, that is found in other cheeses.
- Heat milk very slowly to 86 degrees, then add one-half tablet rennet dissolved in 1/2 cup lukewarm water.
- Starter, developed using a mother culture from the lab, is added to the pasteurized milk inline on its way to the cheese vats, where rennet is added.
- My answer is generally that I will not eat any food an animal has died to produce ie. red and white meat, gelatine, cochineal and animal rennet or whey.
- The rennet in the lining of the pouch, combined with the heat of the sun, caused the milk to form curds, and cheese was discovered.
- The milk is then mixed with the morning's milking in huge copper cauldrons and the rennet is added.
- The first stage of the cheese production is mixing rennet with fresh morning milk.
- The seeds of the fruits are diuretic and can be used as a substitute for rennet to curdle milk.
- Once the blended milk is warmed to the correct temperature, she adds rennet, leaves the mixture to set, then drains off the whey - which, in the old-fashioned way, is fed to the pigs.
- The following catalogs offer rennet and other cheese-making supplies.
- While the vats are pumped full of milk, rennet, calcium and starters are added.
- Milk in cheese production is curdled using chymosin - an enzyme present in rennet, found in calves' stomachs.
- Instead of being curdled with rennet as most cheeses are nowadays, the milk is soured with lactic acid-producing bacteria and left to separate naturally.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.