In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(of house, car)arrendatario masculinoarrendataria femenino
- In St. Catharines, the housing situation has overflowed to affect low-income renters.
- Modernized base housing gives would-be renters an attractive home option.
- Over supper, the friends mentioned that a prospective renter sounded like a catch.
- Auckland has become a city of renters who aren't looking after the property they rent, a city of speculators there to make a buck.
- How do prospective renters convince landlords that they and their pets are model citizens?
- According to census figures, just over a third of the properties in the area are occupied by renters.
- She suggested they make monthly visits to the suite to ensure that renters are respecting the property.
- Montreal has one of North America's highest proportions of renters, as well as students.
- His organization is already receiving frantic calls from desperate renters.
- Cuts to income assistance rates will increase the number of homeless people in the province, predict groups concerned about renters on welfare.
- We know that many renters are going to look at these figures and wonder what on earth all the fuss is about.
- He said now is the opportune time to regularise the group's status from renters to owners.
- Is it good for a city to have nothing to offer renters with low incomes?
- The study concludes that things are looking up for renters and prospective renters in the Waterloo area.
- And come on - why should an apartment renter be paying more taxes so you can frolic in the greenery?
- Keep in mind that most offices require boat renters to attend training before they're allowed to take the boat out for a spin.
- Gone were the promised secondary suites meant for student renters.
- This city counts 188,000 occupied dwellings, with about half occupied by renters and half by owners.
- By renting a Florida villa, there will almost always be more than one bathroom available to the renters.
- Many city councilors seem terrified to ask renters and condo owners to share responsibility.
2(rented thing)(car) coche de alquiler masculino EEUU(video) video de alquiler masculino(video) vídeo de alquiler masculino España
- For around 20 bucks I can't really recommend this title as a buyer, but as a renter this is a fun flick to watch with your favorite Oktoberfest beer and a brat.
- McDormand's expression during this scene alone makes this film a good renter.
- If not, it's a nice renter for a lazy weekend night.
- As a renter this will make a fun and informative night for you and your loved ones.
- Within five years of release, Shawshank was a phenomenon, a video bestseller and a renter that its admirers feel they've discovered for themselves.
- Not sure as I can say this is a great buy, but as a renter it's a lot of fun.
- This reviewer's opinion is that's a little high for a film like Torn Curtain, but as a renter it's a good piece of film history.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.