In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- When I told Katelyn that I was repainting my room, she wanted to help so bad that she begged me.
- We are going to wait until we have refurbished and repainted it before selling.
- We're actually repainting one of our MD - 11s, so the paint job will look the same as it did back in 1975.
- But by 1910 something drastic had clearly happened to the canvas, for the reproduction included in the Yerkes sale catalogue shows that during the intervening eight years it had been extensively repainted.
- To add warmth, they install light fixtures and repaint walls in warm, neutral tones.
- Sprucing up kitchens and bathrooms by repainting units, or adding fresh new tiles, can be a cheap way to up the asking price.
- I repainted the cropped fragment until the shapes that lured me there were lifted into their present composition.
- His mama and I had been a sight by the time we finished repainting the porch.
- Using watercolor, Caramelle painted, washed off and repainted sections of blue, red, yellow and blue-black.
- The production design is superb with bright colors everywhere - they go so far as to digitally repaint all the foliage in a countryside scene a garish purply pink - and the director has never met a sight gag he didn't love.
- Years of repainting the lockers were beginning to show as layers of paint were cracking off of the lockers around us.
- One fine morning, the two siblings had begun their day, repainting the rusted gate.
- After unpacking most of my things, I decided I'd find my father and talk about repainting my room.
- Aer Lingus has taken the dotcom route so seriously, it repainted four of its planes with a giant Aerlingus.com logo instead of the shamrock.
- As in Griaule's day, after circumcision the boys demonstrate that they have mastered the meaning of the symbols by repainting the images.
- He said you should do some compositional studies, and work on repainting your pot.
- For most of the day I work on that one spot, taping along the marble trim, sealing the edge of the tape, painting and then repainting the bands.
- Instead of focusing his attention on repainting it, though, his eye was caught by movement in the reflection.
- I could paint the entire thing grey first and then repaint with ivy green.
- The palace was first painted in the early 1990s, but it was repainted in December 1995 in preparation for the aforementioned celebration marking the opening of the tourist season.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.