- The ruling principle is that fear of sin precedes love of God, which leads to repentance (contrition).
- True repentance will be accepted in the spirit given.
- There was an expression of extreme repentance, sorrow and guilt upon his open face.
- Any attempt to escape will fail, and repentance may give you a shorter time of imprisonment.
- In the thirteenth century her character and role were significantly expanded to incorporate details of her life as a prostitute and her subsequent conversion and repentance.