In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(plant) cambiar de maceta
- Mid winter is perfect for repotting your indoor plants since many plants need to be transplanted into larger containers every two to three years.
- Annually, after I repot the aquatic plants, the pool briefly turns green as the algae eat stirred-up nutrients.
- Workers at both hatcheries keep the plants healthy and repot the tillers, the product of asexual reproduction, which grow into mature plants.
- Then, after the old soil and dried roots have been removed, the bulb should be repotted.
- All container plants should be repotted with new potting mix every twelve months.
- If repotting a plant into the same container, check to see if the roots have become root bound and need trimming.
- If the soil starts drying out quickly and the roots are compacted, you'll need to pull the plant from its container, prune the roots, and repot the tree.
- In November / December, it is time to clean and repot the bulb.
- Since plumerias are dormant and stored in garages and greenhouses for the winter, I would repot it in a larger container in spring.
- I watered them with liquid fertilizer, repotted them into individual pots and let them grow up a little more before I planted them out in the garden.
- After my daffodils bloomed, I repotted the three bulbs in a larger pot.
- When I repotted the chewed-root bushes, I cut them back and added rootone and vitamin B to the soil.
- Beginner bonsai growers will be able to enjoy demonstrations on styling and repotting trees, and there will also be specialist tools available for sale.
- I would take a nice piece of nursery stock, and in four hours I would prune it, wire it, repot it and then wonder why it dwindled away on me despite my careful considerations.
- Look them over for any signs of insects and prune and repot any that may need it.
- As the pleasures of gardening outside begin to dwindle, we can still get our fingers in the soil and achieve some satisfaction by repotting our favourite container-grown plants.
- If slugs are present it is best to wash off all the soil and repot the plant using fresh potting mix.
- As it grew, I repotted it and continued to enjoy the lovely plant.
- If a plant becomes gangly, repot it in fresh potting mix and prune it back to stubs.
- If it is the middle of summer and you have the time to repot the plant, wash the roots and wash the plant down with soap and water mixture, you could use the plant in your gardening collection.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.