1reprobación femeninoa look of reproof — una mirada reprobatoria / de reprobación
- she received a reproof for her negligence — fue reprendida por su negligencia
- She hit him on the shoulder lightly in reproof before laughing slightly before she realized that hurt her side even more.
- In a final excerpt, the merchant issues a stern warning to his fellow countrymen (in a passage that must rate as one of the great reproofs in all English literature).
- By the faintly chagrined expression on his face, Darius could very safely assume that Asgard had received a similar reproof.
- Then why, why oh men do you continue to reject his reproof?
- One eye cocked in gentle reproof, Don Mario sipped the wine.
- A statue showing Medea about to slaughter her children symbolizes the reproof of infanticide. In this case, death is clearly shown as a contained force, even a holy force.
- The youngster who does not scramble from a chair to make way for an adult will draw a sharp reproof.
- She needed no reproof from her parents - she had herself for that.
- It was nearest to a reproof that I'd ever heard from her.
- She could not bear to witness the reproof in her parents' eyes.
- Keira, however, behaved as a model daughter, leaving no room for reproof.
- Chris shook his finger in a mock reproof of his niece.
- It could signify a promise or a threat or a reproof.
- I closed the door and let out a sigh of relief mixed with reproof.
- Wendy put her arms akimbo and tapped a foot, sending him a look of reproof.
- He can be sarcastic and severe without becoming offensive; his reproof often takes the form of humorous banter.
- It sounded more like a reproof than anything else.
- ‘And what is more,’ he continued, with the slightest hint of reproof in his voice, ‘You should learn to mind your tongue.’
- She stood looking at me, arms crossed as if waiting for a reproof.
- He might deliver a speech calling for the improvement of congressional investigations without directly indicting the primary culprit whose excesses prompted the reproofs.
- Despite their spotty record, the military foundations and other army-connected companies are generally above reproof.
- Nonetheless, the military foundations and other army-connected companies are above reproof.
- The responses of writers and scholars to his work have varied, journalists tending towards praise and even adulation, academic linguists towards caution and even reproof.