In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- If we can ensure that people are resettled properly and do not return to prison, that is a good outcome.
- Literature relating to mental health issues of refugees resettled in western countries is more limited.
- A large number of those who migrated across the new border to India were resettled in Delhi.
- They are angry that the government has used the disaster to ban people from resettling within 200 metres of the seashore.
- Most camp residents ask: ‘Is it possible that a government that has failed to even provide tents will resettle us in new houses and provide us jobs?’
- Medical screening is but a small part of the effort that must be made to resettle the refugees.
- In August the government said it intended to resettle peasants on 800 farms before the start of the rainy season in November.
- The government is buying farms on which farmers are resettled in sub-divided camps.
- All in all about 100 000 refugees are resettled worldwide each year.
- The rights of refugees to find safe refuge in another state - with the option to return home voluntarily, integrate locally or to resettle in a third country - fall on the universal claim of need.
- The construction of 600 homes will help as many as 5,000 refugees to resettle in the area.
- Since August 1999, it has assisted 429 women and girls, repatriating most and helping one to resettle in a third country.
- A UN programme aims to resettle 500 refugees a year in the UK.
- Today, such a claim would be considered frivolous under the Firm Resettlement Law, which renders claims of asylum irrelevant for aliens who resettle in a third country.
- The two women were waiting to be resettled in a third country as they were considered to be in danger.
- Governments have attempted to forcibly settle and resettle Roma, often with little success and negative results.
- Almost all refugees face similar hurdles, said those who resettle the new immigrants.
- There are already diplomatic discussions underway about where to resettle the environmental refugees.
- We'll look at efforts to help thousands of refugees resettle as they make the long journey back home.
- The new agency was given a limited three-year mandate to help resettle 1.2 million European refugees left homeless by the global conflict.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.