In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(profit/amount/value) residual(insecticide) de acción residualresidual unemployment — desempleo residual masculino
- some residual decency — algunos restos / vestigios de decencia
- Later research was able to involve a greater concentration on, and technical knowledge of, residual deposits and weathering products associated with particular surfaces.
- There are no guarantees in the housing market today, and it's always a roller coaster ride, and I was looking for something that would give me residual income.
- A similar effect can be created by perched water tables formed by silty or clayey layers of low permeability within alluvial soils, or cemented layers in weathered, residual soils.
- The first thing to remember is that profits are residual income.
- The test statistic was the ratio of the model to residual sums of squares at each point along the chromosome.
- Eventually only a hollow lined by residual soils above a breccia chimney marks the site of a former salt extrusion.
- In all simulation models, the residual variance equals 0.43.
- In that situation also the building owner should be able to write off the residual amount and claim it for tax purposes.
- We investigated condition dependence of secondary sexual characters and the immune response variables using residual body mass as an estimate of body condition.
- However, for very active clients he said they would pay interest of around 3 per cent on residual investment amounts of about €5,000 upwards.
- Be sure that the various income streams due to you after retirement are clearly differentiated as income interests or residual interests.
- The last contain residual soil (terra rossa), and are then filled with marine sediment of the overlying strata.
- The residual cue ERP was then subtracted from the target ERP.
- What you are still entitled to from the partnership will give you one of two possible results for tax purposes: You may be left with either a residual interest or an income interest.
- As paper assets, they represent a residual claim on the income and equity of a company.
- The predicted residual sum of squares statistic was calculated in order to validate the generalizability of the regressions.
- The number of sheep that were to die at each step of the simulation model was determined by the required adult sex ratio and proportion of lambs given the residual population size.
- He gives an example from 1775 when the principal landowner in the Buckinghamshire hamlet calculated residual income.
- It turns out that this is simply a residual category obtained by subtracting both groups from the total population.
- The residual covariance matrix of the share equations will be singular, and thus one equation must be omitted when estimating the system.
- The Tribunal noted that before the establishment of the committed givers club the Society treated the value added tax it paid on supplies connected with its newsletters as residual input tax.
- Leached residual soil and sediment of overlying strata occur within the dissolution pipes and pits.
- The guys who work all the time have tons of money in the bank and ongoing residual income.
- The residual income derived from these investments would be enough to comfortably sustain me for the rest of my life.
- At the moment parents of students are expected to contribute up to £1, 100 a year towards the cost of tuition fees if their residual income is more than about £20,000.
1Matemáticasvariancia residual femenino
- The danger with installing many programs and then uninstalling is that some residuals often remain behind.
- We then calculated the residuals, the difference between each interval's extinction intensity and its lowest smoothed value.
- First, rent collection techniques must be sensitive to market cycles and collect only the residual that remains after allowing normal returns to capital and labor.
- Also, the path shape may change within the range of time scales used in the study; this will appear as a U- or inverted U-shaped pattern in a plot of residuals vs. expected values.
- Shrimp with positive chela residuals produce significantly more open chela displays than shrimp with negative chela residuals.
- There are, in general, three possibilities regarding the functional significance of signal residuals.
- And what about the residuals of emerging processes like gasification, enzymatic hydrolysis, depolymerization, biodiesel production, etc?
- The normal probability plot of residuals against their expected values when the distribution is normal suggested that the error distribution was almost normal.
- In addition, the subject was added to the model as a random effect and different correlation structures for residuals were tested.
- In the next step, we removed the effect of body mass prior to testing for regional differences by using residuals from a regression of each of the two variables on body mass.
- First, signal residuals may play no role in the function of a signal.
2residuals pluralTelevisión Derechoderechos de redifusión masculino
- There are artist's residuals (payments made to actors for repeat showings of their work), external commercial content, and international rights to consider.
- Actors who appear in movies and television shows receive residual payments when those works are shown again.
- The actors want residuals extended to cable television and Internet ads as well.
- Outstanding issues include improved residuals for film and television productions and repeat fees for TV productions.
- He's a member of a craft union in Hollywood, and receives union scale when he works; I very much doubt he gets residuals, or any kind or royalty on the films that get made.
- Since taking over as his business manager, she had straightened out his chaotic accounts and provided him with an income, when he had become too ill to work, by collecting unpaid residuals and fees.
- I definitely agree actors should receive residuals for appearing in movies and television series as these have multiple lives (cinema, DVD, pay-tv, free to air).
- The ad industry, represented by the American Association of Advertising Agencies and the Association of National Advertisers, retreated from its demand to do away with residuals for network television.
- They want improved wages and working conditions, including standby rates, increased guarantees on the duration of option contracts for subsequent TV series and the lifting of the cap on royalties and residuals.
- On an industrywide scale, writers' residuals will increase about 2 percent.
- Actors have contracts that specify residuals - payments that kick in each time a programme is shown.
- And so I was very naive and ignorant about publishing and royalties and residuals, which is kind of sweet.
- In the past, when film or TV shows were aired in foreign countries, residuals were ‘capped’ so that writers only received payments for initial airings and nothing for subsequent replays.
- Writers' residuals for original programming on basic cable, ranging from series such as Lifetime Television's ‘Any Day Now’ to telepics for Disney Channel, will also be bumped up.
- The disputes centre on what are known as residuals - essentially royalties.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.