In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The problem is that there is not a great deal of unemployed labour resources in New Zealand at the present time, particularly amongst those capable of being reskilled to participate in construction industries.
- He said the government should help to reskill the workforce.
- Staff working in a discipline that has limited application should consider upskilling or reskilling, and examine training and development opportunities.
- He foresees a great demand for programmers who reskill themselves in the days to come.
- The need to keep up-to-date and on top of industry developments and stave off competition has meant that most senior management staff now take part in ongoing management training and reskilling initiatives.
- In most cases, they regain their contributions and put them to sound use in reskilling their employees.
- You only need to look at recent news headlines to comprehend the huge importance of training and reskilling the workforce as the service industry threatens to follow the trend set by manufacturing - of migrating overseas.
- With the aim of combating global cost-cutting trends within the sector, the reskilling and upskilling of thousands of Scottish workers was at its core.
- Not to be harsh to the retrenched worker, the reform process provides for safety nets and reskilling of the workers so that they can take up other activities.
- There are a considerable number of people who want to work and who need to be reskilled.
- We had to assess the workforce, find out what kind of skills they held and then redeploy them or give them a hand in reskilling,’ said the manager.
- It credits the need for reskilling and the threat of offshoring for the the increase in numbers.
- You have to work with those middle managers, so they understand what the company's philosophy will be and what the company's practice will be for retooling, retraining and reskilling employees.
- Outline employees' options - Define the options available for affected employees: reskilling, redeployment, termination or outplacement.
- Bank holidays and holidays are unpaid, long hours are spent reskilling, and paperwork can be time-consuming.
- He has called for a retraining and reskilling package for workers.
- Those who have moved on have remained within the IT sector, proving the success of the programme in reskilling suitable candidates.
- In today's rapidly changing workplace, companies that can retrain and reskill staff quickly have an edge.
- And, for the benefit of readers who are contemplating reskilling or even just breaking into the IT field, what are the skills most in-demand skills and the qualifications needed to obtain them?
- He said it was possible that organisations were not hiring as many new people as they were before, and so investing in the reskilling of existing staff.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.