1(social acceptability)decencia femenino
- It's a very worrying development and it's gaining social respectability.
- It describes the way the lower castes tend to imitate the customs and rituals of the upper layers in order to gain social respectability.
- What they seemed to entirely be missing in their analysis is the notion of respectability.
- They spend their fortune trying to gain social respectability.
- Wealth is a marker for social status, success, and respectability, just as poverty is stigmatising.
- If marriage confers social status and respectability, adultery confers a stigma.
- Modern dress also looks anachronistic in a world where respectability is a prime virtue and cuckoldry a social stigma.
- The social respectability of science attracted the patronage of wealthy and influential figures.
- The Sixties completely wiped away the notion that virginity was essential to respectability and decency.
- The old respectability of the establishment could no longer cover up the major moral lapses of the financial sector.
- In our family, integrity is there, respectability also.
- For a long time, the capital of Victoria seemed to be the seat of provincial respectability.
- In the course of her conversation on the day of the workshop, she often referred to the terms dignity and respectability.
- But the gravitational pull of bourgeois respectability remained strong.
- They were well aware that, in order to retain social respectability, their sexual behaviour had to be beyond reproach.
- Has the notion of solidarity escaped him in his flight for respectability?
- The acquisition of land not only gave social respectability but also wealth.
- Teaching offered both social respectability and an opportunity to earn a living.
- They've got that credibility and that respectability back.
- He had brought nobility and respectability to the British stage.
- Now many astrologers seem to have a hankering, a hunger even, for scientific respectability that never fails to amaze me.
- His take on the respectability of SETI in the scientific community is unduly pessimistic.
- They desperately crave scientific respectability, but it is their own theory that prevents them from attaining it.
- This is how it achieves respectability, legitimacy and, very often, public funding.
- In this way, perhaps, he seeks to cloak his book in an aura of scientific respectability.