- He argues that air must be soluble in water, for fish respire as we do, and air is required for the senses of hearing and smell, which fish clearly possess.
- They continue to respire through their lungs (their mouths not being covered by cocoon), though their metabolic rate is greatly reduced.
- He was able to then clear enough seawater to respire effectively.
- We do not say that an egg is alive but the creature in the egg is alive in the same way the baby in the womb is alive. For the foetus to be alive it would have to be able to respire, produce young, respond to stimuli, grow, move and urinate.
- Those patients randomized to respire supplemental oxygen during exercise training succeeded in training at higher training intensities than those respiring supplemental air.