In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1volver a presentar
- And, hey, if you're not chosen the first time around, you can resubmit your film the following month.
- Something has to motivate the scientist to keep on submitting to refereed journals even when she keeps getting rejected, or to revise and resubmit a paper five times until the editor is satisfied.
- This is equivalent to resubmitting a task with the addition that initial input data can be different from the original task.
- I was actually reassured by this but six months later I was requested to resubmit my claim because my salary details were incorrect.
- Under current legislation, planning permissions last for two years only before they have to be resubmitted, meaning developers will have to apply bit by bit for planning permission for residential development on the land.
- Paperwork has been resubmitted to get the booking system project restarted.
- ‘I will consider resubmitting the bill, taking public opinion into consideration,’ Mr. Hong said.
- This delay will not be entirely the fault of journals: some of the authors will have been inefficient in resubmitting their manuscripts.
- Because five new churches had joined the association and several of these churches had not instructed their delegates how to vote, the issue was resubmitted to the congregations.
- In these statistics I have counted each manuscript only once, even if (as happens in most cases) it was returned to the author after review and was later resubmitted.
- Only five out of nine centres responded within four months by resubmitting their data.
- Use the new circumstances as the basis for resubmitting the plan.
- In the event of an improper vote, the scanner rejects the ballot and the voter corrects the mistake and resubmits it.
- ‘We will continue to talk to the planners and we are resubmitting an application,’ he said.
- You may want to resubmit your portfolio if you find your work has changed.
- I encourage students to resubmit their work if they are not satisfied with their grade.
- St George plans to examine the public feedback from its plans before resubmitting them at the beginning of next year.
- In terms of funding, we were invited to resubmit our initial proposal to the Economic and Social Research Council, and were successful with our second, somewhat smaller-scale version.
- Though the board of directors recommended a vote against the resolution, it won 6.9% of the voting shares, which means the shareholders can resubmit the proposal next year.
- Authors who had already submitted too-long articles were invited to revise and resubmit them.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.