In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1parque comercial masculino
- Instead of visiting local shops, many people now flock to larger retail parks and food stores dotted round the outskirts of the city.
- In another significant retail warehouse transaction, B & Q recently announced that it will anchor the second phase of development at the Airside retail park in Swords.
- A hotel with leisure and ancillary accommodation is also being built at the site while a sports field and clubhouse with separate access will be developed to the rear of the retail park and ceded back to the local authority.
- Supporting the development of retail parks, he said that large developments could attract a buying population from a distance of seventy miles and that would have a good spin-off for the city centre.
- But as soon as the shopping centre and the adjoining retail parks came on stream, the land from there to Lucan was developed very quickly.
- The unit is close to the local Dunnes Stores which has 520 car parking spaces and there is also car parking within the retail park.
- That is the claim of a York property consultancy which points to a flurry of rental deals which prove resistance to pressure from out-of-town superstores and office and retail parks.
- It is rare for a retail park of over 100,000 square feet, and in such a prime location, to come onto the local market.
- They recall the days when no one had heard of retail parks or shopping malls, and even a clothes shop went by the grander title of gentleman's outfitters.
- He said: ‘I believe that most Majestic Wine Warehouses occupy sites on trading estates and retail parks.’
- The firm recently announced that it was to open two fashion-only stores in retail parks in Britain, because planning rules were restricting its ability to expand in out of town locations.
- And where the mines and the factories once stood, there are now warehouses, retail parks and call centres offering jobs to those made redundant from manufacturing.
- This will not ease planning requirements on the centre, however, because the Blanchardstown shopping centre, which has a similar designation, recently had plans for a retail park turned down.
- Most of Ikea's stores are in out-of-centre retail parks, so I don't know how it would work traffic-wise having it in the town centre.
- Over the coming weeks, we will be all bombarded with ‘special offers’ from the large retail parks around the country, urging shoppers to travel in their droves to avail of knockdown prices.
- York must work to retain a variety of shops if it is to lure consumers away from retail parks and cyber malls.
- It is expected that the scheme will generate 150 jobs during construction with as many as 75 permanent and part-time jobs when the retail park, which is scheduled to open in Autumn 2004, is fully operational.
- Also, the thrust of the local development plan suggests it is highly unlikely that another large scale retail park would be permitted.
- The site has potential for use as a retail park, drive-through restaurant, company headquarters or car showrooms, subject to planning permission, according to the agent.
- Construction of the retail park and hotel is due to commence before the end of the year, while the shopping centre itself is due to open in February 2005.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.