In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1volver a contarcontar de nuevoretold in English by J. H. Shepherd — versión y adaptación inglesa de J. H. Shepherd
- Her savior of the previous night had missed his cue in the dance, and the story was retold in a different version.
- A differently important story is that of the novel's narrator, who improvises, discovers her mistakes, and retells a story that refigures the past but remains nonetheless historical.
- Raija's eyes was wide with astonishment as Raven retold the story of his father's victory.
- With a voice so void of emotion it was hollow, the child retold his story and details of his escape.
- Varda begins to retell the story of Baudelaire's later life, and then reads his poems, using the images of neo-classical Paris, in the guise of the caryatids, to evoke the melancholy feelings created by the poetry.
- Hogwarts retells the story of Harry's birth, fame, and miracle survival from Voltemart's rage.
- Not a lot of words had been spoken after Alec retold the story of what happened to him.
- Younger generations will continue to learn from Friday Tembo as a father, an artist and a mentor, just as they will retell his stories of the way it is.
- Claudia MacTeer retells the story of possibly why the marigolds did not bloom in the year of 1941 in Lorain, Ohio.
- Recently he has sent me an excerpt from a book by John Bushnell in which he retells the story as he heard it from other witnesses.
- Latourette's narrative sought to follow the canons of good history - retelling the story on the basis of good evidence.
- Her story is retold as a myth of origin for the nation, but not in any kind of straightforward way.
- The story we tell about the ages of home leaving in the twentieth century U.S. expands upon and retells a story told by other historians.
- Ancient vases and carvings tell the story of the war, but whether they are retelling myth or history remains unknown.
- The title of this volume sets the tone by its reference to a long poem that retells a classical story.
- Doubtless some of the children who had memorised Perrault's ‘Red Riding Hood’ in their classrooms were able to retell the story verbatim to credulous tale collectors.
- As eager journalists told and retold the story of their naval valor, lieutenant Hobson's celebrity grew.
- A teen boy, recently diagnosed with leukemia, retold the story of why he was hospitalized from his platelets' point of view.
- There are two narrators: Felipe and his anonymous friend who retells the story he was told at the age of twelve by Felipe.
- Eloquent on workers' aspirations, Lyons retells their stories, creating a flowing account of t heir tastes in literature and growing awareness of their own interests.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.