In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- At the same time, growing demands from operators for highly customized handsets could force Nokia to retool its manufacturing to accommodate smaller production runs.
- When tweaking the design for the next model year, ‘we redesigned and retooled every jig in the shop.’
- It was a massive change of direction, as if Caterpillar Inc. had decided quickly to retool all its bulldozer plants to start making passenger cars.
- But it wasn't simply a matter of retooling existing factories.
- Composites cost up to eight times as much as aluminum, and the newfangled plane will require suppliers to retool the manufacturing process.
- That sidesteps the need for costly retooling at manufacturing plants.
- Building a new building, retooling a factory - that is modernization in a visible and tangible form.
- Putting in more expensive tape drives would up server prices in the price-sensitive small business market, and might require factory retooling.
- We retool each year just to change the design of cars… surely we can do the same, albeit on a grander scale, to shift more commuters to public transit.
- Three years on, Boeing is retooling some of the world's most complex manufacturing practices, while shaking the kinks out of its supply-chain process.
- Since the chemical could be used pre chill with an inside/outside washer, processors would not have to retool any of their current machinery or procedures.
- Next year they are shutting our plant down to retool for production of three different vehicles simultaneously.
- The school house must retool quickly to provide relevant training to a larger number of students.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.