In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Usually the toughest choice for an action star is whether to use a revolver or an assault rifle.
- Vintage Colt revolvers can still provide a great deal of shooting enjoyment.
- Secondly, Robert De Niro threatens a creditor with a revolver he bought, the result of more borrowing.
- The engineers told me they had done high-speed video of people shooting these monster revolvers.
- Some houses were commandeered in the village, and a fierce volley of fire was opened up, as rifles, revolvers, and hand-grenades were utilised.
- Now I'm in hog heaven, with two fine revolvers to fire what is now my favorite handgun cartridge.
- Simultaneously, men rose from their places on the grand stand, and fired three quick shots with revolvers into the air.
- As Luke Fine drew and fired his Colt revolver, Charlie spun to his left as the bullets whizzed by him.
- That's why full-size and large-frame pistols and revolvers sell better than pocket handguns.
- The weapons included a revolver, a semi-automatic pistol and a sub-machine gun.
- They left the native mechanic and a disgruntled Atlee on board and, armed with shotguns, revolvers and machetes, set out on foot into the jungle for the lake.
- He is accused of possessing a.22 double action Sentinel revolver recovered during a raid on a house in Toothill last year.
- A detailed analysis of weapons handed in shows the haul includes two revolvers, two single shot pistols and a converted blank firer.
- Finger grooves are featured on the grips for double-action revolvers, while metal inserts provide consistent fit.
- He leapt up it as fast as he could, firing his last two revolver shots into the giant creature's head.
- Josie fires the revolver, and the sound of the shot explodes into the air and disappears into the water.
- I took it for granted she would know how to unload a double action revolver.
- It caused an immediate sensation and was clearly the best thing that had ever happened to double-action revolvers.
- Instead, place appropriate handgun accessories along with the pistols and revolvers in a display case.
- Duke then fired two warning shots from his revolver, yet the freighter pressed on.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.