In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(house) renovar la instalación eléctrica de
- An electrical engineer's report has revealed that the whole building should be rewired to meet health and safety regulations.
- If a building is wired with Category 5 or to a lesser extent with Category 5e cabling, it will need to be rewired sooner than a building wired with the draft Category 6 products.
- Lamps and electric appliances are rewired and repaired.
- They have carried out a wide variety of works for the Ambulance Service, from panel beating and engine repairs to rewiring electrical systems.
- The vessel was also rewired and various fire safety devices and anti-pollution equipment was installed.
- Potts says his company is currently involved in rewiring a building that had a new VDV system installed just four years ago because the design didn't include future growth considerations.
- The Shinkins rented for 10 months while the house was rewired and replumbed.
- Teams of volunteer electricians rewire homes that have been cut off because families cannot afford the ‘privatized’ rates - which can be five times higher than in the recent past.
- A further £150,000 has gone on rewiring the whole house, stripping modern sockets and switches from the ancient walls and replacing them with period counterparts.
- There are electric storage heaters in the house, which was rewired about 10 years ago.
- On the recommendation of a friend I hired an electrician to rewire my office.
- Or what about rewiring the airplane's electrical system through her cockpit chair?
- There's nothing I can do short of rewiring the shack at $120 an hour.
- Those with a vested interest in the investment industry would probably argue that you'd need a qualified surgeon to do a heart bypass, a trained electrician to rewire a house, and a suitable mechanic to repair a car.
- The electrical short on George's car was a surprise, though, especially since we rewired both cars for the weekend.
- A local marine company had just rewired the boat, he said.
- As well as replumbing and rewiring the house, he has put down polished wooden floors, added a stylish kitchen extension and had the back garden professionally landscaped.
- Paul and Ammie use the retreat as a time to sit down and map out what they want to accomplish: rewiring the electricity, putting on a new roof, or building a new deck.
- Council has allocated $45,000 towards restumping and rewiring the house, along with other minor repairs.
- The facility has since rewired the docks and the service is much better, he said.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.