- Catchy, jangly guitar riffs are slung about violently.
- Yet in this way, we immediately understand the initial discordant keyboard riff.
- Why the silence, the sirens, the jazz riffs, the drumming?
- Characterised by its undulating electronic bass riff it's one of the strongest tracks of the line-up.
- The band's condensed rock riffs also sound stale.
- Effortless hooks and fantastical storytelling gave way to chugging riffs and darker lyrics.
- Listen carefully and you can hear even more familiar riffs.
- People naturally respond to the diminutive sax man's keening sound, funky rhythms and bluesy riffs.
- Before long we get a nice piano riff and lots of ambient weirdness joining it.
- He manufactures catchy guitar riffs with ease, and blends them with off-beat lyrics.
- Layering multiple streams of electronically generated sound, he interspersed sparse and sometimes repetitive keyboard riffs into the mix.
- Longingly romantic " Live Line " is backed by a simple folk blues riff.
- "Used to Think " takes its impetus from the guitars, utilising a stuttering riff reminiscent of the Who.
- The ad needs a shot of adrenaline, a killer riff.
- They played the opening riff for a while, until Rocky tried a solo.
- After these first wan gags, subsequent riffs on the same themes fail to amuse.
- Sick of hearing the same tired riffs and canned beats on the radio?
- Barely a track begins without an ominous drum roll, or a chugging monster riff.
- Johnson said he had come up with the rollicking piano riffs and trademark rhythm backing Berry's lyrics.
- You hear the opening riff to a song.