In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1chusma femeninogentuza femenino
- The police are trying their best, but all they can do is make nightly raids on the underworld and round up Dusseldorf's riff-raff.
- Bishop invited a lot of riff-raff, and they brought their friends.
- They let in all sorts of riff-raff here, don't they?
- The reason that we bought these seats is because we don't want to be bothered with the general riff-raff.
- But people who were pointing this out were Leftists, Crypto-Communists and other riff-raff.
- You hang around with riff-raff like the Weasleys and that Hagrid and it'll rub off on you.
- ‘I agree,’ The Duke said nastily, ‘it seems they will just let any old riff-raff into places these days.’
- Pete Wishart, who sits for the SNP, felt the decision should lie with members of the Scottish parliament, and not with government riff-raff down south.
- That they happen to clean up a lot of the town's riff-raff is simply an added bonus.
- There are hit men, murderers, philanderers, thieves, betrayers, and other assorted riff-raff.
- While I think programs and materials for the gifted are fine and good, I worry about meetings like this in which the dominant sentiment is that the only way to educate the gifted is to remove them from the company of mere mortal riff-raff.
- They were supposed to keep the nearby city's riff-raff out and the good, wholesome and hardworking college students like myself in.
- Apparently, the idea is to keep out the non-technical riff-raff.
- I'm so glad I'm an independent so that I don't have to be associated with the soiled riff-raff who actually have to win elections and govern in this country.
- Those who can afford expensive private preschools often don't want to see them filled with middle-class riff-raff.
- With the right clientele this is not a problem but if the management is only interested in keeping the tills ringing and letting any old riff-raff through the doors it is asking for trouble.
- Chauffeured around town in a pink Rolls Royce, he takes over entire restaurants to avoid encountering riff-raff.
- Daemon seated himself as inconspicuously as possible while his shipmates mingled raucously with the riff-raff that populated the bar.
- Let us not mind the drug dealers, the pimps, and the other riff-raff who hang around that sordid industry.
- Kripal Singh told me that the government agencies had been creating many armed vigilante groups out of anti-social riff-raff, so as to infiltrate and neutralize genuine militant outfits.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.