In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Políticaderecha femenino(with masculine article in the singular) ala derecha femenino
- This Republican right wing wields political power far beyond its popular support.
- In fact, the right wing in the Liberal Party is based around former student politicians.
- Laurent Fabius, from the right wing of the Socialist Party, argued in a similar fashion in his stand against the constitution.
- In 1982 important sections of the right wing went from Labour to form the Social Democratic Party.
- Although he was on the right wing of the party, he did not leave it in 1981 when others did.
- As a Social Democrat firmly situated on the right wing of the party, he pushed ahead with the expansion and restructuring of the army.
- The right wing of the Conservative Party is unwilling to enter Europe, and the symptoms have spread to Hearts.
- On the domestic side, however, he seems to have placated the right wing of the Republican Party.
- And on the other hand by making a moral issue of it she is virtually playing into the hands of the right wing and other reactionary elements!
- Its politics are essentially those of people like Norman Tebbit on the right wing of the Tory party.
- The right wing of the Republican Party overreached themselves on that one but they are better prepared this time around.
- She tried thereby to take the wind from the sails of Roland Koch, the representative of the right wing of the party.
- The book is innovative and does much to explain the development of a radical right wing in Polish political life during the twentieth century.
- The political coup by the radical right wing has already begun to provoke a political response from below.
- Voves stands on the right wing of the social democrats, having entered politics as a novice from the business world.
- The real reason, of course, was the opposition from the radical right wing of the Republican Party.
- The working people must build their own political party to defeat the intrigues of the right wing and defend their basic rights.
- Speaking this week to the Democratic Leadership Council's annual conference, Clinton presented herself as a centrist capable of uniting the left and right wings of the Democratic party.
- His move to a constitutional amendment demonstrates that when the going gets tough, he caves to the right wing of his party.
- Both are conservative politicians with roots in the right wing of the Solidarity movement.
2Deporte(with masculine article in the singular) ala derecha femenino
- Out on the right wing, Stuttgart win a free-kick on the edge of the Rangers box.
- Ryan Casey put Galway ahead after just five minutes when his free kick from the right wing deceived Declan Kilkelly in the Mayo goal.
- Portugal win a free-kick on the right wing which is lobbed straight into Nikopolidis's air-space.
- The referee awards Ukraine a free-kick out on the right wing.
- Unmarked in the box, Aruna slots home a low cross from Wilhelmsson, who sauntered down the right wing unchallenged.
- Great ball from Zambrotta, whose long pass down the right wing is volleyed ridiculously high and wide by Iaquinta.
- The position on the right wing where he had played all his life, and where he excelled, was already occupied by former world player of the year Luis Figo.
- Derlei attacks down the right wing and wins a corner for Porto.
- Karel Poborsky drives the ensuing free-kick from the right wing across the edge of the Greek six yard box.
- Sergio squeezes a ball down the right wing towards Valeron.
- They enjoy a spate of possession down the right wing starring an amazing cameo from Mills and his absurd mix of skilful jinks and hopeless close control.
- Solano lofts a peach of a pass up the right wing for Dyer.
- Ah, I speak too soon; Cole gifts the ball to Tofting on the right wing, although his deep cross is a waste of everyone's time.
- Alessandro Costacurta crosses from the right wing, but Francesco Toldo plucks the ball safely from the air.
- It was a needlessly conceded free-kick out on the right wing, and as it was sent in across the edge of the six-yard box, the Milan players were queuing up to nod it home.
- Sweden's Mattias Jonson does well to get in a good cross from the right wing, but it's too high for Freddie Ljungberg to get his head to.
- Rommedahl takes on Sarr down the right wing but loses the ball.
- A high ball was launched into the goalmouth from the right wing.
- I'm a centre midfielder but sometimes I played on the right wing or left wing for Blackburn.
- Thierry Henry takes on and beats Sergio down the right wing.
1derechistade derechade derechas España
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.