In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- However, the two do an excellent job putting all the details together in a coherent, even riveting narrative.
- And they do promise to be some riveting television.
- As this semi final unfolded the hurling was riveting.
- Nobody has puzzled longer over the roots of his creativity than Dylan himself and this riveting, poetic memoir is the result.
- He discusses the psychological impact on troops torn between loyalty and self-preservation in this riveting tale.
- Earlier, I saw a staged reading of Light at Smith College; the dialogue was riveting.
- The combination can be riveting in any debate.
- It was the most riveting episode in sport I have ever seen.
- It is a riveting story, splendidly told.
- Four successive days, furthermore, brought forth a quartet of riveting scraps.
- Our kids discovered that nothing is more riveting than a good read.
- There were no substitutes and no gimmicks and it was absolutely riveting.
- Our Stan Grant has been reporting on this story for weeks now, bringing us some extremely riveting reports.
- Richard Harris delivers a riveting portrayal of Captain Tyreen.
- The games provide a riveting soccer spectacle at no cost to the spectators.
- This will be a riveting, unforgettable experience!
- I cannot say that this film was riveting or particularly thought provoking.
- He accompanies his startling allegations about his opponent with riveting admissions about his own identity.
- All the pros and cons of its cinematic flourishes considered, Slumdog Millionaire is a bloody good, riveting and emotionally rousing film.
- The reports of our Committee A on Academic Freedom and Tenure sometimes make for riveting reading.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.