In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1instinto de conductor masculino
- The club, which exists to promote road safety, marks its competitors on signals, positioning and general road sense as they tackled normal hazards such as traffic lights, junctions and roundabouts.
- The school-run contributes to obesity as well as poor road sense, stranger-danger and social skills.
- The balance between road safety and road sense seems to have moved too far out of balance.
- It is dangerous for the children because they have no road sense.
- No one seems to have basic road sense here.
- The programme was aimed at children to inculcate road sense and drive home the point that they should learn safe driving habits.
- That indeed might be reasonably expected of a grown-up person with a fully developed road sense, but not of a child of 13.
- The man who has taught road sense to thousands of Bolton schoolchildren over the past 20 years is finally preparing to put his feet up.
- The poor state of roads coupled with poor road sense among drivers is the prime cause for this state of affairs.
- Many people think that riding a motor-bike is just like cycling a pushbike but it's not - it demands tuition, skill, road sense and judgement.
- We once had cycling proficiency tests, this was arranged with the local police, and the school authorities, to teach the pupil the highway code and road sense.
- Motorists there have poor road sense and are unaware of Highway Code rules, according to a survey.
- If you have good road sense, you'll likely be able to navigate whole tracks without too much trouble.
- And in any event, children approaching their early teens can have road sense instilled in them if they are allowed to walk.
- ‘Many do not have any road sense, do not know what and how to signal with hand and are totally indifferent to vehicles in their front and back’.
- Hopefully he has since found his owner as his road sense was sadly lacking.
- It doesn't matter if the way they behave causes more traffic jams - they will disregard road sense and disobey the rules constantly.
- The final solution: drivers must acquire road sense.
- But the experience convinced me that testing people's road sense in a safe environment is a good idea.
- These guests betray little understanding of our way of life, show scant respect for open spaces, and lack all road sense.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.